Muscle, ingenuity and experience came together to bring this environmentally sensitive project to a satisfying conclusion. Custom catchment systems were designed and implemented by Rhine, safely and effectively removing this heavy duty concrete pier structure with cargo crane rails.
What We Did
- Demolished the north 600’ of the Blair Dock
- Extracted the pile and placed upland for later demolition
- Performed all work while the terminal was active
- Placed containment booms and floats to catch debris
- Crushed all concrete off-site for later reuse by the Port of Tacoma